Seminar: "The Mission of Universities and the Roles of Faculty in a Modern Higher Education Management "
The Mission of Universities and the Roles of Faculty in a Modern
Higher Education Management
- Theme: “The Mission of Universities and the Roles of Faculty in a Modern Higher Education Management”
|Please click here to download the presentation slide of this seminar
- Date and time: Friday, June 13, 2014, 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Speaker: Emeritus Professor David Beanland, AO, FTSE, FIEAust
- Venue: IRED office, 4 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan Street, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Target participants: Higher education administrators, university/college professors/lecturers and administrators at public and private institutions, researchers at public, private and non-profit organizations, school leaders, and educators.
- Language: English-Vietnamese translation
- Participation fee: Free of charge
- Organizer: The Institute for Research on Educational Development (IRED)
To register for this seminar, please click here or email to Seminar@IRED.edu.vn before 5pm, June 12, 2014. Due to limited seating, IRED will give priority to appropriate participants on a first come, first served basis.
- 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm: Welcome and Networking
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm: Presentation on the topic
- 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm: Q&A
About the Speaker
Emeritus Professor David Beanland, AO, FTSE, FIEAust.
David’s professional career has been devoted to tertiary education. After 32 years at RMIT he retired in October 2000 with the last 11years as its Chief Executive and President.
At RMIT he held the positions of: Head, Department of Communication and Electronic Engineering; Dean, Faculty of Engineering; Deputy Director, Higher Education; Director and Vice Chancellor/President. The period of his leadership was one of dramatic changes in higher education in relation to degree granting status, student number growth, international students, the development of off-shore activities, university status, research growth, mergers, campus development and university expansion.
He was instrumental in the creation of RMIT International University Vietnam when Vice-Chancellor of RMIT. He has also been involved (post retirement) in providing consultancy to Universities in Vietnam in relation to their strategic development. He has recently completed writing a book titled “Engineering Education: Transformation and Innovation”, at the request of UNESCO.
His specialist teaching areas were in the rapidly changing field of electronic engineering, with microelectronics as his specialist research field. For most of his career he had management responsibilities which have spanned every aspect of university activity. He has been Chair of the Australian Universities Quality Agency, the Australian Partnership for Advanced Computing, and the Australian Academic & Research Network and a member of the Board of many other organisations.
Professor David Beanland